Aditi PrabhuView Profile
Here's why i like this amazing product:
-Its pocket friendly. Buy it online and you would get it at much cheaper prices.
-Its comes in a sturdy and compact container.
-It comes in 2 shade and ive used both.
-Great on fair to medium skin.
-If you are someone like me who doesnt like blush. This rose tinted powder is a great option. It gives just the right amount of shade and colour.
- It smells great.
-Use a layer of foundation, a light layer of compact followed by this and it stays for long.
-Its great on an oily or a combination skin.
Sonal PahujaView Profile
WHAT LAKME CLAIMS ABOUT ROSE POWDER:
* Foundation make-up in a powder format- gives a flawless radiant look.
* Contains rose fragrance to keep you fresh, contains sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays.
* Gives a flawless radiant look.
It is priced at 150/- for 40 grams of the product.
SHADES AVAILABLE :
* Soft Pink (for fair skin tones)
* Warm Pink (for whitish to dusky skin tones)
Buying Lakme cosmetics is always tricky as you’ll never know if the product you picked will be a good match for you or if you’ll just ended up wasting money on something that you won’t be able to use. So, I think it’s great when makeup companies come up with inexpensive kits that will allow you to try shades at a time to see which one better suits your skin tone and test if you like the texture, coverage, etc. I got the one in Warm Pink, this is the second time I am buying it. The powder is very smooth & finely milled. It is light pink in color & has a lingering rose fragrance. It comes in a large brown color jar, the top of which has five little holes so that you can control the amount of powder. Also a powder puff is supplied with the pack.
PROS OF LAKME ROSE POWDER:
* Its silky smooth texture glides on and sets to a velvety finish that refreshes and evens the appearance of the complexion.
* Exclusively formulated for daily use, it ensures that your complexion looks its best across the day.
* It is suitable for all skin type & the quantity is huge.
* Two different variant are available so you can choose according to your skin type.
* The packaging is strong and good. It comes in a sturdy plastic tub with two lids. The upper lid is screwed on and the inner one is made up of transparent plastic with 5 tiny holes, so that u can pour the required quantity of the powder as per your need.
* The lower lid avoids messy spills and makes application easy and hygienic, leaving your skin feeling comfortable and supple for hours
* It has sweet rose fragrance to it , although the fragrance lingers only for a little while after application.
* There is also a small puff provided along with the pack for the ease of application.
* The lakme rose powder is light pink in color, that suits me just fine (unlike the white face powders available in the market.)
* I have been using this for the last 1 year now but I haven’t noticed any break outs.
* Although it didn’t keep the oil at bay for the whole day but it did so for several hours.
* Very decently priced, so even if it doesn’t work out for you, you don’t lose much.
CONS OF LAKME ROSE POWDER:
* The coverage is light to medium, so if you’re looking for a full coverage compact powder that will cover scars and other serious imperfections, or simply want something that will give your skin a dewy finish, this isn’t really for you.
* It claims to have sunscreen, but there is no mention of the SPF content.
* Although it has only 5 holes to check the flow of the powder, but I found the holes doesn’t allow the powder to come out appropriately. I have to tab the back of the case to let the powder out.
* The lid is sometimes hard to open especially if I’m in a hurry in the morning.
* The puff provided is not feathery instead very rough & irritating.
* I wish it comes in 4/5 variants in future.
Overall, Lakme Rose Powder is a handy and inexpensive way to try a compact. It has a fine texture that’s easy to blend, feels light on and offers medium coverage with a matte finish. It does a great job as a daily makeup material that lasts all day. However, some people may prefer something with a fuller coverage or different finish. I’ll definitely repurchase it & recommend all to give it a try!
Sneha NandyView Profile
If flawless and even skin is what you wish to have, the Lakme Rose Powder is just right for you. This Lakme rose powder is infused with extracts of real roses that is sure to nourish your skin. It blends easily and protects your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Whether you are heading to work or a special occasion, this Lakme Rose Powder will give your face a gorgeous look every single day. Apply it on your face or over your foundation and say goodbye to oily skin forever. Really a beautiful product for a more beautiful version of yours.
Chochocookies WorldView Profile
Okay But Not Buying Again
I bought Lakme Rose Powder, to see and compare with the pressed compact which I use regularly.
It is a budget buy definitely.
Quantity is good enough for the price and the larger Indian segment.
My expectations were too high from this product I feel as I am a die hard fan of the compressed version.
My experience - Unfortunately not so great as I did not get the desired results. It can be applied only once and touch up just messes up the entire makeup. Since I sweat a lot, this one started draining off literally forming lines from where the sweat has trickled. I tried a touch up after oat drying my face but it was a complete mess.
I had applied it directly without using any foundation as I was trying it out for the first time. It hardly stayed for an hour. To be precise till I saw the lines forming.
It comes in an easy to open round case. Under the top cover is a transparent cover with holes and a puff on it. Basically, one needs to turn it upside down and take the powder that has come out through the holes with the puff after opening the top cover. It gives a very bad effect on the forehead area specially if tanned.
It is easily available and will suit the average Indian skin tone.
I personally have stopped using it sticking to my compressed compact powder. I give it a three star as it suited my sister and mom well.
Hope you are one of the lucky ones to whom it suits :)
dimple ChoudharyView Profile
This Amazing Lakme Loose Powder is really Amazing ...It comes in two shades nd i have the light pink shade and it works amazing for me
It's my Daily Use product Nd i use it after any Lakme cream or Foundation .....it's stays for 6-7 hours for me
It's really very affordable and it's worth buying .....Coz Many cannot afford expensive loose powders and compacts
And this works well with almost every foundation like - Maybelline , Miss Claire etc .. I have tried them
Nd The Packaging comes in a Small Box ...but enough for 5-6 months. .....The quantity is good enough .....The Box doesn't break so easily and it also comes with an Soft applicator like sponge ....it's totally Amazing and I suggest you to buy this product and try once ????????
Sukanya KhanView Profile
This powder is a life saver for specially oily skin people. There are very few powders in indian market in the "loose powder" form. Being a oily skin person i have to set my face so well so that the foundation or bb cream doesnt slip off. I apply my base and set it with a compact.. then i do the full makeup and spritz some setting spray. After its set i go with this powder to give me the matte and blurry affect. And it lasts for such a good amount of time.. Buy this and you are set for next 2-3 years even if you use quite regularly. It makes my makeup last around 6 hrs and if its winter.. It basically makes it bullet proof. I have used this powder on its own.. But i like it more when its on a base.
Gayatri VView Profile
Okay now every indian would have heard bout this product! From your aunts to mommy's :)
Its not that tinted so dont be scared.. you can use this on top of your liquid Foundation to matt your face..this is also awesome to bake your undereyes( not litterally..hope u know wht i mean ;) )It also has a mild rosy fragrance..
Only thing that could change is the packaging..not practical..
Priyanka MhatreView Profile
It's a budget friendly loose powder, to be honest I use this powder for baking my under eyes after concealer. It doesn't gives you cakey finish at all, it has silky smooth texture. As I have oily face it really controls oil. I am not sure about the sunscreen part. I didn't like the packaging as there is a transparent stopper lid with 3 holes in it, very less amount of product comes from it. Applicator is good, but I prefer powder brush. It does not act a setting powder if you want to do glam makeup. Its good for everyday use. It is worth the price as it retails for 150rs. It does its job.
Aishwarya DView Profile
Packaging: It is a large container that has a bottom part for the product and an upper lid with holes so as to take the desired quantity of the product and a puff for application.
It is available in two shades Soft pink and Warm pink.
The puff is nice, I like it! It is soft and helps in even application of the powder.
I have this powder for quite a long time. This Rose powder is very budget friendly.Trust me I do not think that I will be ever finishing it.. It’s huge considering the fact that you will only require little bit of this.
The Lakme rose powder has been around for a while, it is a loose translucent powder with pink undertones to it, even though this is a powder that you can brush on your skin for everyday look, i prefer using this as a blush and it works better as a highlight, trust me on this! I used it on top of my foundation and it really didn't do nothing, I didn't find that it made a difference honestly! I am not very fond of this product to be honest as lakme has some amazing products in their range of cosmetics and this stand to be a mere waste of time and money! I don't find that it sets makeup as it should, and the packaging is too tacky to be true, I hate the plum toned packaging and the fact that the product will break the moment it drops out of your hand! Even though, the quantity of product is huge and it has never broken me out as such, I don't find it working as it should and I prefer staying away from it! The coverage is too sheer and will not cover up anything at all. Overall, a no-no for me!
How many hours does it last?
Do you use it to set a foundation or just on its own?
Tell us if it is worth the price!