Chia seeds are formally known to provide many health benefits on consumption. Regularly eating chia seeds is known to impart many health benefits upon digestion and consumption. However, the use of chia seeds is not only restricted to digestive health as they can be used to improve the condition of the hair and skin as well.
Here are some vital facts about Chia seeds, which will help you understand better how they impart an abundance of benefits for the skin and hair.
- Chia seeds are known to prevent acne. A chia seed mask can reduce the sebum production on the skin significantly, which in turn, helps in controlling the appearance of pimples.
- Chia seeds are useful when it comes to improving the texture of the skin and help in boosting the moisture levels of the skin. They can be applied on dry parts of the skin to attain soft skin.
- The healthy omega 3 levels in chia seeds help in enhancing the collagen level of the skin, making it firmer.
- Chia seeds contain antioxidants which repair the dead skin cells and heal the skin.
- With an abundance of Vitamin E in them, Chia seeds prevent premature aging and prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Chia seeds are known to contain keratin protein, which helps in building healthy hair strength and body.
- Chia seeds are rich in copper, making them perfect for boosting hair growth and delaying greying of the hair.
- As a storehouse of Zinc, Chia seeds promote healthy and soft growth of hair, keeping the scalp free of inflammation.
How are Chia seed good for hair?
Chia seeds contain one of the most vital components that build our hair and define their state of health, which is protein and omega 3. You can gain the advantage of chia seeds, not only by consuming them orally, but also by making a Chia seed hair mask. For making a Chia seed hair mask, you can use organic coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, organic honey, and chia seeds.
How are Chia seeds good for the skin?
The healthy amount of omega 3 in chia seeds can help reduce inflammation on the skin and reduce acne blemishes. They act as a healing agent on the skin, protecting the skin from bacteria and infections. They can be used as a face mask to tackle dry skin and bring a smooth radiance over the skin. For this, you can combine coconut oil, chia seeds and lemon juice.
Chia seeds are lesser known ingredient among various seeds and nuts, which are really beneficial for the skin and hair, not only be means of consumption but also through direct application. If you haven’t already tried these seeds for your skin and hair care regimen then give them a try today!
Author: Mitalee Mithal