Calendula is majorly seen at weddings, right? Those yellow flowers are more than just a decorative flower and a representation of anything auspicious i.e. they do come with their share of beauty benefits. As surprising as it may sound, it’s TRUE. So, permit me to talk you through how these flowers can be beneficial for your hair and skin.
What is Calendula?
In recent times, majority of the brands have decided to go natural with the ingredients they use in their beauty products and one of the popular ingredients these days is Calendula. Calendula is also known as pot marigold and is basically a sacred flower used widely in India. These flowers are edible and can even replace saffron when needed. This flower is rich in anti-oxidants, glycosides and saponins.
- Anti-Acne: A problem that is difficult to deal with especially with an occasion coming up, calendula works amazingly in treating that unsightly acne. So, if your face is acting up and causing ugly red pimples, go for calendula oil. It not only helps calm those bad boys down but will effectively remove them without leaving any marks behind, whatsoever. If clear skin is what you are aiming at, Calendula oil is your best bet.
- Hair Growth: Your hair tends to get brittle and weak when you do not take good care of it, and with the weather constantly on a swing, it’s difficult to have healthier hair. Blame your lifestyle or improper care, your hair needs something which not only heals but repairs your scalp and allows new hair to grow out. There are ample options of hair oils out there, but Calendula oil, when applied to the scalp, promotes hair growth and also enhances the production of collagen in your hair follicles, it can be used alone or teamed up with a different oil.
- Anti-Aging: The presence of Carotenoids in calendula makes it an exceptional anti-aging treatment. This helps soothe the skin and prevent against environmental damage. Carotenoids already exist in the upper layers of your skin and using Calendula will just add to the enhanced appearance of your skin.
- Hydrating: Calendula works amazingly when it comes to hydrating your skin and if your skin has been feeling dry and scaly lately, its time you give calendula oil a shot. It helps with your skin’s deep nourishment and will give it the much needed TLC in the form of moisturization. It can also be used under your eyes for the treatment of crow’s feet or wrinkles. Another benefit is that, it’s super gentle and safe to use on your baby’s skin, as it helps relieve redness, rashes and any form of skin irritation.
- Brightening: Calendula works excellently in brightening up your complexion and giving you an even toned, blemish-free skin. As it helps with the production of collagen, it helps people revive their dull skin into a brighter more youthful one. If you have been on the hunt for the perfect ingredient to sort your dull skin woes- you must definitely opt for calendula infused products to reap maximum benefits, it will leave your skin looking bright and radiant.
- Dandruff Treatment: If you have your shoulders heaped in snowflakes i.e. dandruff and nothing seems to be working for you, calendula has got your back due to the hydrating nature, it keeps the entire itch at bay and you will be able to wear that black dress without worries back again.
So, what beauty benefits of Calendula do you like the most? Let us know in the comments below!